Belly of the beast
System: Cyberpunk 2020
EUROPEAN PRISON RULES
Recommendation No. R(87)3
Adopted by the Committee of Ministers
of the Council of Europe
on 12 February 2009
The basic principles
1. The deprivation of liberty shall be effected in material and moral conditions, which shall ensure respect for human dignity and are in conformity with these rules.
2. The rules shall be applied impartially. There shall be no discrimination on grounds of race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, birth, economic or other status. The religious beliefs and moral precepts of the group to which a prisoner belongs shall be respected.
3. The purposes of the treatment of persons in custody shall be such as to sustain their health and self-respect and so far as the length of sentence permits, to develop their sense of responsibility and encourage those attitudes and skills that will assist them to return to society with the best chance of living law-abiding and self-supporting lives after their release.
4. There shall be regular inspections of penal institutions and services by qualified and experienced inspectors appointed by a competent authority. Their task shall be, in particular, to monitor whether and to what extent these institutions are administered in accordance with existing laws and regulations, the objectives of the prison services and the requirements of
5. The protection of the individual rights of prisoners with special regard to the legality of the execution of detention measures shall be secured by means of a control carried out, according to national rules, by a judicial authority or other duly constituted body authorised to visit the prisoners and not belonging to the prison administration.
6. 1. These rules shall be made readily available to staff in the national languages;
2. They shall also be available to prisoners in the same languages and in other languages so far as it is reasonable and practicable.
Hier gespielt worden
|Chop Con (2002)|